Hong Kong's Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) Entrant Scheme to attract highly skilled or talented people to enter & remain in HK.
• Applicants need to meet set Pre-requisites
• Pass Points test-either General OR Achievement
• High scoring applications are selected in a selection exercise by the HK Department of Immigration within a quarterly quota
• Approval-in-Principal Letter given for Interview in HK.
• Attend Interview with original documents
• Entry Visa / Work Permit granted for one year
• Can bring spouse & children under 18 to HK
Hong Kong is the leading financial centre of Asia and is one of the top sources of outward direct foreign investment in AsiaLogistics and trade-supporting services, such as Product testing and inspection, Arbitration and mediation, Trade finance documentation and InsuranceAs China liberalizes its markets due to its WTO membership commitments, Hong Kong firms are increasingly active in connecting suppliers in other countries with consumers in the Chinese Mainland and elsewhere in Asia.
EAll applicants must satisfy all of the following prerequisites:
• Age: 18 or above
• Financial requirement: He/she is capable of supporting and accommodating himself / herself and his/her dependants, if any, on his/her own financial resources without relying on public assistance during his/her stay in Hong Kong
• Good character: No criminal record or adverse immigration record in Hong Kong or elsewhere
• Language proficiency: The applicant should be proficient in written and spoken English or Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese)
• Basic educational qualification-Good education background, normally a first degree from a recognized university or a tertiary educational institution
Points Based Test: In addition to meeting all Pre-Requisites, applicants have to pass any one of the points based test: General Points Based Test OR Achievement Points Based Test
General Points Based Test is based on:
• Academic Qualifications
• Work Experience
• Language Proficiency
• Family Background
Minimum pass mark:
80 points out of 165
Achievement Based Points Test:
• For those with Exceptional Talent
• For those with Outstanding Skills
• For those who have won state / national / international awards
• For those who have made a significant contribution to their field
Points awarded 165 or 0
Prescribed fee for the issue of a visa, entry permit, or extension of stay under the Scheme is HK$160. Disclaimer: Visa fees are subjected to change without prior notice.